Features Of A Power Toothbrush
Simply stated, rechargeable electric toothbrushes (or “power” toothbrushes) provide superior plaque removal to regular manual toothbrushes. And because they provide the brushing action for you, many people find using power toothbrushes easier than using regular manual ones. Additionally, with so many different types and features available, it’s easy to find one that suits your specific oral health needs.
Ease of Use
Whereas you have to move a regular manual toothbrush back and forth along your teeth, power toothbrushes provide the cleaning action for you. That means you need only guide it along the surfaces of your teeth. Once they get the hang of it, many people find this method of brushing easier. Likewise, people with arthritis or other similar conditions may find using a power toothbrush less painful. Power toothbrushes may also help kids brush their teeth more effectively, but sure to check the age recommendations on an electric toothbrush before letting your child use it.
Technology and Features
Generally rich in technology and features, some power toothbrushes can even enable you to improve your brushing habits. And most come with convenient features like a brush head or toothbrush holder, bathroom-counter storage units and travel toothbrush chargers. Hi-tech features may include:
- Numerous brushing modes specialized for sensitive teeth, whitening benefits or gum-massaging action
- Pressure sensors to signal when you’re brushing too hard
- Timers to help you keep track of how long you’re brushing each quadrant of your mouth
- Digital reminders to replace your brush head
- Oscillating-pulsating and cupping, oscillating-rotating or sonic technology
- Multiple brush head compatibility so you can choose which kind of bristle design you prefer